[mythtv-users] Frontend vs. backend: Which one needs to be faster?

Steve Hayles (diverse) steve at diverseyachts.com
Wed Dec 1 23:09:13 UTC 2004

I think I am right in saying that the PVR350 has both an encoding and
decoding chip so which are support in Mythtv.  If I a right then your CPU
requirements for recording one prgram and watching another should be very
low.

I have a DVB card running on EPIA board (different setup but broadly
equivalent with decoding and encoding both done in hardware) and even with a
1GHZ processor I can simultaneously record and watch another program using
about 30% CPU.

Someone with a PVR350 will answer I am sure