[mythtv-users] Manual record/stop

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 21:39:46 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 16:16, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> Hmmm.... Anyone know what the best method is for putting in a feature
> request? (Other than implementing it myself :)  Is it OK to send
> messages of that sort to the myth-dev list?

No, please *don't* send a feature request to the -dev list (unless it's
accompanied by a patch implementing the feature).  The only result
would be that you'd be made fun of on the -dev IRC channel :-)

There really is no method for requesting a feature.  Many of the
developers read the -users list; hope that one of them has a similar
itch & decides to scratch it.

> I think you're right - if someone was familiar with the code, I
> suspect that adding a mode like this wouldn't be too hard. Then
> again, I haven't looked at the code.... :}

There used to be a feature called "Instant Recording", IIRC, that was
meant for just this purpose.  It was disabled because it was broken and
the original author did not maintain it.