Fw: [mythtv-users] PVR-250 and Fedora Core 2

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Aug 31 08:01:44 EDT 2004

On 8/31/2004 1:39 AM, 1canuck2 wrote:

>>>I have my pvr-250 working under fc2.  What information can I
>>>provide that would be helpful?  (12 hour turnaround on this,
>>>I'm at work, myth is at home).
>>>

>Ejay: Can you post up your modprobe.conf?

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread.  I also have the PVR-250
(actually three of them, one being an MCE) working in fc2.  Here are the
relevant lines from my modprobe.conf:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

The bttv is for my pcHDTV card.  I was using ck99e ivtv for a long time
and have recently changed to 106j which is also working well for me.
Haven't had any troubles with either of these versions yet.

You could probably use the following:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

Yes, that's it.  The latest ck drivers auto-detect a lot of things that
previously needed to be specified.

HTH,
David