[mythtv-users] Audio Question

kim Gross kgross at jensalt.com
Tue Aug 31 02:36:04 EDT 2004

I would be willing to bet that the reason it works now is that the PVR
350 puts the audio into the MPEG stream, so when you had the audio
connected to the audigy no sound since myth was trying to use the audio
from inside the mpeg data stream, now you are providing the pvr card
with the audio so it is able to put it into the mpeg stream for playback.

Kim

>Hello,
>
>I wrote in last week about digital capture issues, and
>have given up on that for now.  The new question is;
>I'm now running audio input into the line-in on my PVR
>350, and then taking the audio output from the 350
>into the Aux2 input on my Audigy, which then outputs
>audio to my receiver via the optical out on the
>livedrive.  Previously I had audio running straight
>from my Directv box to Aux2, and got no sound, but now
>that I route it through the PVR 350, I've got live tv
>sound.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here,
>but why would that make a difference?  Thanks!
>
>David

>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Kim Gross
Jen’s Saltwater Haven