[mythtv-users] mythtv in china?

Tomoki Taniguchi tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:38:57 EDT 2004

  I am moved to China last year.  I haven't had any interest in a PVR
over here since frankly the regular tv stations SUCK here. (that and I
don't understand enough Chinese yet)  I am currently thinking about
subscribing to satellite TV here which will give me about 50+ English
speaking channels.
  So now I am thinking it's about time to get a PVR.  But the problem
is that A) they don't sell PVR's in China yet, and B) even if I
brought one in from another country, I could really only use it to
record from video-in, so no recoding scheduling would be supported...
  So I am thinking about building a mythTV box.  But before I start, I
want to know if anyone on the list has gotten MythTV working with
channel guides in China?  Specifically using the one of the satellite
boxes we foreigners can get here in China.  And if so how do I get
mythTV to interface with the satellite box?

TIA
tomoki