[mythtv-users] Re: More PVR350 and X problems

Hamish Tweedie hamish at hamishtweedie.com
Mon Aug 30 18:57:56 EDT 2004

 mythtv wrote

> do an lspci and verify what you have.. It sounds like you also have another
> framebuffer device ( try setting your X config to fb1)

  I thought this after reading all the list stuff. I checekd for an fb1
  and it doesn't exist, but I'll try setting X to fb1. Note that
  soemthing is displaying on the TV so a sgnal is getting out via the
  350, its just that it is black with a white cursor. This moves down
  the page/scrolls as required but nothing can be read. This is why I
  though this was a TV color/standard issue and switched the TV to auto.

  John Kuhn wrote:

> if this is the case.. then that would make your 350 fb on /dev/fb1 (just
> so you know in case this is your problem)

  Sorry John are you saying that I should alias fb to fb1 (or fb0 as the
  case may reuqire) just in case?