[mythtv-users] mapping remote keys question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 30 17:02:51 EDT 2004

On 08/26/2004 01:29 AM, Tim Litwiller wrote:

> I've googled this and search the list but haven't found a definative
> answer.
>
> mythweb allows mapping other/more keys and it looks like you may be
> able to map something like and alt T to switch from whereever  you are
> in Mythtv to live tv or alt M to play music etc.
>
> what is the format/syntax that this needs to be entered and is it
> possible that I could map my lirc file to use this key combo for some
> of the extra keys on my remote?

I have it set to use keys F2-F6 for my jumppoints.

In .mythtv/lircrc:

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = tv
  config = F2
  repeat = 0
end

and I just typed "F2" (no quotes) into the appropriate text box in
MythWeb's Key Bindings editor.

This was a lot easier than trying to figure out how to send modifiers.
The only way I've figured out to use modifier keys (i.e. Alt-Esc for
exit) is with irxevent:

begin
  prog = irxevent
  button = power