[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR250

Jerry jbeuree at rogers.com
Mon Aug 30 15:36:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to add a PVR250 to my system, currently
running with an ATI TV Wonder. I think my question may
be more related to the ivtv drivers than Myth though,
but I'm hoping someone on the myth list is using the
same card.

I don't seem to be able to tune it. All the
drivers/etc are installed as per the instructions. All
I get when using mplayer on my video device is a black
screen with some small green blocks in the upper left
corner. I'm assuming the tuner isn't working properly,
and am having a hard time finding info on the tuners.
Here's the info I got from tveeprom:

tvee: Hauppauge: model=32032, rev=B182,
serial#=2779380
tvee: tuner=<unknown> (idx=82, type=-1)
tvee: tuner fmt=NTSC(M) (eeprom=0x08, v4l2=0x00001000)
tvee: audio_processor=MSP3440 (type=11)

The 342032 model and 82 ID seems to indicate its a
newer card, but I've been unable to find a source
which lists the mappings from this ID to the tuner ID.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry