[mythtv-users] Need help trying to nail down some picture quality issues

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Mon Aug 30 14:02:59 EDT 2004

Thanks for the great info, I gave this a try and it's definitely a step
in the right direction.   So far I haven't noticed nearly as many
shimmery artifacts.

Something interesting I noticed... when I set my X desktop to 640x480
and my recording size to 640x480,  I kept getting these "glitch" frames
every minute or so.  I turned the recording res up a bit and this seemed
to disappear.  Not sure what would cause this but it was almost like it
was "starved" for video stream data.

One question about your use of quickdnr over denoise3d.  Was that purely
for CPU economics or do you think that quickdnr provides superior
results in this case?   The reason I ask is that my cpu is on the fast
side so it wouldn't be an issue to go with denoise3d if that would
provide a slightly better picture.

--

DTR