[mythtv-users] Limiting mythfilldatabase

Gary Raposo gary at raposo.ca
Sun Aug 29 00:26:09 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for an answer to this one for some time now with no
luck.  I've caved so here's my post...

Running MythTV 0.15.1 with XMLTV 0.5.34 on RedHat 9 and everything works
great.  I'm a very happy user... except... mythfilldatabase is a little
aggressive with its downloading via Zap2it's DataDirect.

It seems that mythfilldatabase wants to grab 12 or 13 days worth of
data.  This wouldn't be a problem but for the fact that after about the 8th
or 9th day the schedule starts filling up with "NO DATA".  Zap2it doesn't
have any data that far in advance yet they allow DataDirect clients to
connect and download "NO DATA".  Go figure! :)

After a few weeks of this my entire program table is full of "NO DATA" and
I have to wait until the day before a scheduled recording before
mythfilldatabase pulls in the next day's program information.  In other
words, the scheduled recordings listing for anything more than today and
tomorrow is useless.

I know that tv_grab_na_dd will accept a --days option.  I was hoping that
mythfilldatabase would accept --graboptions "--days 7" but that doesn't
seem to work.  I simply want to limit my daily mythfilldatabase cron job to
grabbing a maximum of 7 days of data.

Any ideas?

Gary Raposo                                              gary at raposo.ca
Eschew obfuscation...                              http://www.raposo.ca