[mythtv-users] Upgrading to KDE 3.3 on Jarod's FC 1

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Aug 28 01:52:33 EDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 12:22, myth-lane at dowobeha.net wrote:

> I know I'm treading dangerously here, but here goes... :)
>
> I have successfully installed Fedora Core 1, and successfully
> installed Myth
> using Jarod's guide. I *did* follow the warning and disabled the
> apt.kde-redhat.org and kde-redhat.atrpms.net entries in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> Now I would like to install KDE 3.3, which is apt.kde-redhat.org.
>
> I just re-added the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> rpm             ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat 1   testing
>

> When I tried to upgrade to KDE 3.3 using synaptic, synaptic tells me
> that it
> conflicts with gtk+, gtk2, and redhat-artwork.
>
> I have looked through the Myth archives and the KDE-Redhat archives,
> and I did
> find some discussion from back in January. But I wasn't able to find a
> real
> resolution to this problem.

Try looking on the front page of the kde-redhat website...
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

> Does anyone know how to resolve the dependency issues to successfully
> upgrade to
>  KDE 3.3 from a base FC 1 install (plus the stuff in Jarod's guide)?
> If not,
> has anyone suceeded in compiling and manually installing KDE 3.3 using
> Konstruct in this same setup?

Copy and paste from the front page of the kde-redhat site:

To install, a simple
apt-get update
apt-get install kde themer qt arts kdelibs kdebase gtk+ gtk2
apt-get dist-upgrade
ought to fetch and install the packages for you.

Next rev of my doc will include this.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com