[mythtv-users] OT: best ivtv version...?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 12:50:25 EDT 2004

I've noticed that the gentoo ebuild repository have just put up a version
of ivtv based on the ck71d patchset, which got me thinking about upgrading
my version (still on 0.1.9 r3 or something).

I'm not yet using 2.6 on my PVR-250 box, although that was mainly due to
upgrade woes re: ivtv and a few other things. 2.6 aside, is there any merit
in me upgrading to one of CK's patchsets? Does ivtv crap out any less? Do I
need to rework any of my modules or anything?

Any info appreciated!

P.S. I should point out the reason I'm asking this here is that, for some
unknown reason, I can't access the ivtv wiki unless I disable my firewall
(same goes for crucial.com and a few other websites as well), which I am
rather unwilling to do.