[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 QT MySql driver not found during mythtv SETUP

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 09:20:44 EDT 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 19:55, Inconnu Homme wrote:
> I am installing MythTV on a Mandrake 10.0 system. I downloaded Mysql
> 4.0.x and built it, downloaded the QT3 package and compiled it with
> the following configuration statement: ./configure
> -I/usr/local/mysql/include -thread -plugin-sql-mysql -qt-sql-mysql
> -prefix /usr/lib/qt3

Looks good except... are you sure you don't also need "-L/usr/local/lib/
mysql"?

> My /etc/ld.so.conf contains /usr/lib/qt3
>
> Mysql runs fine as shown below...but when I do the
> /usr/local/mythtv/setup/setup command, I get the following. I have
> included the directory listins I consider relevant. Any help would be
> appreciated!!
>
> TIA,
> Martin
>

> [root at 172 qt3]# cd /usr/local/mythtv/setup/
> [root at 172 setup]# ./setup
> Unable to connect to database!
> Driver error was [1/2002]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
> (2)
>
> Unable to open database:
> Driver error was:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

[snip]

> [root at 172 qt3]# mysqladmin version
> mysqladmin  Ver 8.40 Distrib 4.0.18, for mandrake-linux-gnu on i586
> Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
> This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free
> software, and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the
> GPL license
>
> Server version          4.0.18
> Protocol version        10
> Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
> UNIX socket             /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> Uptime:                 32 min 9 sec

From the looks of things, your Qt MySQL driver is present, but it's
trying to connect to a local MySQL DB using a different Unix socket (/
tmp/mysql.sock) than the one MySQL is actually using (/var/lib/mysql/
mysql.sock).  Is it possible you have 2 different copies of MySQL
installed (maybe one in /usr (packaged) and one in /usr/local (built
from source)?  That might explain things; if you built Qt against the
MySQL headers in /usr/local/include/mysql, but they don't match the
copy of MySQL that's running from /usr/bin ?

Just a hunch.

-JAC