[mythtv-users] Re: UK DVB Program Guide

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Fri Aug 27 07:16:35 EDT 2004

Danny Robinson wrote:
> Can someone help me get it to build?  It's looking for linux/dvb/dmx.h
> which belongs to the dvb code and I have, but how can I get tv_grab_dvb
> to see it?  Do I have to copy the code into the dvb code tree? Surely
> not!
>
> cc -Wall -O2   -c -o tv_grab_dvb.o tv_grab_dvb.c
> tv_grab_dvb.c:49:27: linux/dvb/dmx.h: No such file or directory
> tv_grab_dvb.c: In function `readEventTables':
> tv_grab_dvb.c:573: error: storage size of `sctFilterParams' isn't known
> tv_grab_dvb.c:594: error: `DMX_IMMEDIATE_START' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> tv_grab_dvb.c:594: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> tv_grab_dvb.c:594: error: for each function it appears in.)
> tv_grab_dvb.c:598: error: `DMX_SET_FILTER' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> tv_grab_dvb.c:573: warning: unused variable `sctFilterParams'
> tv_grab_dvb.c: At top level:
> tv_grab_dvb.c:29: warning: `id' defined but not used
> make: *** [tv_grab_dvb.o] Error 1
>
> Sorry for this, I know it's going to be a simple answer.
>
> Danny

You will need to add the path to your include files from dvb-kernel into the
include path of the compilation. If you keep them in /usr/src then add
-I/usr/src/dvb-kernel/linux/include/ to the cc line. Run.:
 > cc -Wall -O2 -I/usr/src/dvb-kernel/linux/include/ -c -o tv_grab_dvb.o \
		tv_grab_dvb.c
Or patch your make file to include the include line.

As darkskies seems dead if there is a call for it I could stick the tar on my
site and patch it with the patches sent in and patch the Makefile too.

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester