[mythtv-users] Re: Still no sound

Jo Pettitt jo at no-clutter.com
Thu Aug 26 20:44:06 EDT 2004

I've gone in and found a version of msp3400.ko and have deleted it and
did a make install on the ivtv driver folder. It seems to have been
replaced, but on rebooting it still doesn't have audio! What's the next
stage?

Jo

jra wrote:

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:36:30PM +0100, Jo Pettitt wrote:
 > I'm still unable to get sound from my PVR-350 on MythTV. The following
 > output messages may help. Also if I do mplayer /dev/video0 I can get a
 > picture but no audio.

They may, indeed.

 > msp3410: daemon started

Yup, they do. You have an msp3400.ko that came with your kernel,
somewhere under /lib/modules. Probably two. Find them, rename them,
and redo make install on your ivtv package. Let us know if this fixes
the problem.