[mythtv-users] Adding a second PVR-250

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:48:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:39:59 -0400, Jon Kunze <jon99ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:59:11 -0400, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I've purchased another PVR-250, and I was wondering if there
> > > was any information/advice on installing a second capture
> > > card? What exactly is involve? Will it just plug and play or
> > > will I have to configure this card like I did the last one?
> > > Any advice/web sites would be great.
> > >
> > > I setup my MythTV Frontend/Backend on Fedora Core 1 using
> > > Jarod's Guide if this is any help. Thanks for any advice you
> > > can provide.
> > >

> > Identical setup here. The card will detect and install by itself. I suggest
> > blowing away your existing card conifuration then re-add both cards. First
> > card is video0 and second is video1. The rest of the defaults are fine. In
> > the section where you link inputs to video sources, just define both cards
> > to the same source and it will pick the available card when recording.

Ok, I put the second 250 in, and booted the maching and it seems to
hang shortly after detecting the card. It says something like:

"Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)"
and
"Tuner(bttv): type forced to 2 (Philips NTSC (F11236, FM1236 and compatibles))

After it prints that, the system just hangs right there. Any ideas? Do
I need to setup the configuration before installing the card? Do I
need to disable the FM tuner before installing it? It is a PVR-250MCE,
but it is a revision that is said to be compatible.