[mythtv-users] M-Audio, VIA Chipset, DVD burning, iTunes Rendezvous

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu Aug 26 14:57:18 EDT 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 12:05 pm, Ben Fineman wrote:

> 4) What is the status of playing remote iTunes playlists via rendezvous
> in MythMusic? I've read this feature was being worked on but I'm not
> sure how far it's gotten.

	Rendezvous is for discovering services (iTunes advertises it content as
available over a protocol called daap).

	Active work going on. If you want to build and run CVS, you can play with the
mfd and mfe modules. Bi-directional music sharing works, along with a bunch
of ther nifty stuff (e.g. on-the-fly conversion of oggs to a format iTunes
can play).

	This will make it's way into a general myth release at some point.

- thor