[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuner Cards

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 26 10:44:06 EDT 2004

I've done the same thing. Here's what I did:

Put the card in the PC. Booted up. Done an ldconfig just to be certain.
Checked if /dev/video1 (/dev/video0 is used by the 350) was present and
had the right attributes/owner, and if not you can always do mknod,
chown and chmod as root.
Started the setup programme of the mythbackend. Defined a second card
there. Went through the other menus to see what to change (Somewhere you
must set your video source to the second tuner, which links the channel
info with the tuner). restarted mythbackend, tried the PiP (Picture in
picture) and it worked! (Jaw dropped). Selected two shows on different
channels without a confict.

I hope I didn't leave anything out.

Nowadays I rarely miss a show.