[mythtv-users] Re: Mascot? (Was: commercial detection causing backend to stop)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 25 11:37:42 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 05:25 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:

> >>This isn't (necessarily) an answer to keep a customized theme
> >>up to date but there is an easy way to continue to use old
> >>themes. The trick is the use the "ui.xml" from the blue theme.
> >>The theme will still have it's background, menu layout and fonts,
> >>images, etc. Pages like the Watch Recordings, Schedule Recordings,
> >>Program Finder, etc. will have the same layout as "blue" so all
> >>these pages will be up to date and will work.
> >
> > I really dislike color swap themes.  Kind of pointless, if you ask me.
>
> Noted =). Generally text is white, highlight is yellow and
> the record color is green and this looks okay on top of most
> backgrounds. This never worked for "liquid" because it has a
> nearly white background. The point is that you can use old
> themes without any manual changes. I still really like "iulius"
> for it's simplicity and uncluttered functionality.
>
> However, shortly after I sent this it struck me that with the
> new mythui stuff, old themes may not work anymore so this is
> probably a bad time to suggest this ;-).

I'm going to _try_ not to break the theme format, but I'm not going to go all
out to keep compatability.

I still haven't decided how I'm going to handle convert the UI over.  It's not
going to be very quick process, especially since I want to rewrite some of
the logic as well to get rid of all blocking (no more processEvents() calls)
and become more event driven, so nothing in the UI path will cause things to
stall.

Isaac