[mythtv-users] commercial detection causing backend to stop

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Aug 23 14:17:26 EDT 2004

Is there any 'Exits' in the commercial detection code that will cause
the backend to exit when an error is returned? I was asking because it
looks like I had a recording with some loss of signal in the HDTV stream
that was causing the commercial detection code to return errors
(mpeg2video errors in the log). Every time this would happen the backend
process would disappear and I would have to restart it. I finally got it
stable be deleting the recording.

- James