[mythtv-users] What am I doing wrong? (Could not open network socket)

Dave Bush statman at twcny.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 08:51:26 EDT 2004

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Yes, you do.  idx=68 is the unsupported LG TAPE tuner.
>
> Since the current ck patches use a PAL tuner (type 37), you're getting
> the offset channels and color problem.
>
> You could instead use tuner=39 and get channels up to 61 (inclusive).
>
> To get all channels, you need my patch (which will require patching
> the tuner module and recompiling it and then patching the ivtv drivers
> and recompiling them).  Feel free to pass this on to the shspvr forum.
>
> http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Aug-2004/msg00286.html

I don't ever get up to channel 61 correctly - I still get the "channel
displayed = channel - 1, and colors are off" problem. I'm guessing it's
something funky with the version of IVTV I downloaded.

I hate to ask, but you wouldn't have an idiots guide to applying the
patches on your link, compiling, and applying them would you? I've been
using Linux for about five years, but I'm no programmer. Anything beyond
the usual "./configure && make && make install" and I'm lost. apt-get
has been a good friend. ;)

Thanks,
- Dave