[mythtv-users] mythdvd to xine = no video (SOLVED)

Paul News paulnews at rogers.com
Sun Aug 22 20:16:02 EDT 2004

 --- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:
> On 08/19/2004 09:12 PM, Paul News wrote:
>
> It means that xine isn't using Xv.  Since xine isn't
> using Xv, it's
> possible that Myth isn't using Xv.  Check the output
> of mythfrontend.
> It should say something like:
>
> Using XV port 105

I do see this as part of mythfrontend:
2004-08-22 20:06:53 Using XV port 69

My xvinfo returns lots of information ... the start
looks like:
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "ATI Radeon Video Adapter"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 69
    operations supported: PutVideo PutImage

>  From within X and see a list of supported
> screens/adaptors.  If so, Xv
> is working.  Not that that shows you supported
> screens--many drivers
> only support Xv on the first screen.  If you have
> dual-head setup, try
> a) dropping the extra monitor and just using the TV
> (at least with X) or
> b) making the TV out the first screen

As near as I can tell, I have a "single" head
configuration using the GATOS ati.4.4.0 radeon driver
(which includes the tvout code), and my TV out is set
up in "clone" mode.  But this happens also happens if
I disable the TV, and only use a monitor and the
standard Xorg 6.7.0 radeon driver.

I'm just curious 'cause it sounds like xshm is not xv,
but it looks like mythfrontend is using xv and xine
can only access it using xshm.

Anyway, thanx for your questions.

Later,
Paul