[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 MPEG Decoder TV-out sound but no picture

Kirk Morrow kirk_morrow at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 17:34:21 EDT 2004

My second try at this message... Darn hotmail.

I had used KnoppMyth to install Myth on the box in question.  Having quickly
run out of disk space, I installed a bigger drive and started over.  After a
successful install, I followed the instructions on

http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto

All the tests passed fine.  I can watch TV just fine using "dd if=/dev/video
of=/dev/video16 bs=64k".  I then modified the XF86Config-4 PVR-350 example
provided to match my mouse and lspci information for the Hauppauge card.
This got the GUI on my TV successfully.

Then I applied the patch as per instructions on

http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz

to fix the DMA issue, just as I'd done on the original install.  After
rebooting, everything comes up fine and I can watch TV but it's jerky.  So
then I went to the TV/Playback setting and selected to use the PVR-350 MPEG
decoder.  Now when I try watching TV I get only sound and a blank picture!
The sound is coming out of the connector on the PVR-350 and not the sound
card so the decoder is doing something.  I can't find anything wrong in
/var/log/messages.  I'm at a loss for what to do now.