[mythtv-users] Re: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - how do you reinstall support?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Aug 21 17:57:21 EDT 2004

On Aug 21, 2004, at 04:56, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:12:00 -0400
> James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
>> I reinstalled mythtv-suite and then reinstalled CVS without removing
>> anything. Then I modified mysql.txt for the correct host name. Now
>> when I get:
>> #mythfrontend
>> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
>> the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
>> authentication failed
>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>> Unable to connect to database!
>> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
>> couldn't open db
> These lines mean that Qt thinks it doesn't have any Qt database
> drivers/plugins available.  Notice where it says "available drivers:"?
> That line should show a list of Qt database drivers; the list is empty.
> There's definitlely something wrong with your Qt installation.
> All this means is that you have the mysql client libs & binaries on the
> system.  Your problems are purely Qt-related.  Fix Qt, and you'll be
> good to go.

There was a thread on the atrpms-users and kde-redhat users lists
regarding some broken qt packages from kde-redhat, but new ones have
since been pushed out. Try apt-get update && apt-get install qt, and
you should get the fixed version, IIRC.

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...