[mythtv-users] Re: UK DVB Program Guide

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 07:27:15 EDT 2004

John Pullan wrote:
> BTW I wrote a little hacky patch which extracted the subtitle from the
> descriptions, I'll post it, if anyone interested.
>
> It worked by looking for a a string before a ":" in the description and
> using that (This seems to be a convention with the UK epg). So far it
> seems to work quite well.

I did the same, seems to work quite well.  Would anyone be interested in
my patch too?

I also patched a bug (I think) about stripping control characters.  I
think there is a 20 rather than a 0x20 somewhere.  Changing it stop
various control characters making it into the XML, I can post that patch
too.

Both patches will have to wait for a floppy transfer from my myth box to
an internet cafe (internet problems!).

JD