[mythtv-users] MythWeb/MySQL error 145 crashes

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 19 20:53:26 EDT 2004

So our 2-250 machine has been running pretty decently up until now.

Then tonight, I built MythWeb (MySQL 4.0.18-32, PHP 4.3.4-43.11 and
Apache2 2.0.49-27.5, all from SuSE 9.1 RPM's).  And now, all of a
sudden, I've started getting MySQL error 145s, which are making Myth
blow it's brains out -- at least partially because it doesn't seem to
trap DB fetch and insert errors all that well.

Has anyone else had this pattern crop up?  Based on some things Google
revealed to me, I rather strongly suspect the PHP MySQL interface
library.

MythWeb is *really* cool; I don't want to bag it.

Anyone else gotten bit?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi