[mythtv-users] Problem with database

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Thu Aug 19 20:08:18 EDT 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 00:57, me at johnwesleythomas.com wrote:
> > Hello,

Hello / hallo

We share the same country and the same linux flavour.

> > I'm a newbie to Linux and Mythtv, but I want a PVR and I read a lot on
> > the internet about Mythtv.
> > I have installed Suse 9.1 without most programs (Office and more). I want
> > small and quick Linux.
> >
> > I installed XMLTV and Mythtv from RPM packages and everything goes well
> > and
> > it's oké. I run mythsetup and after that mythfilldatabase. The program
> > downloaded the programlisting and give then the following error:
> >
> > removing conflicting program: 10.tvgids.nl Die Börse 20040825001500
> > +0200-20040825003500 +0200
> > conflicted with             : 10.tvgids.nl heute nacht 20040825001500
> > +0200-20040825003500 +0200
> >
> > DB Error (program insert):
> > Query was:
> > INSERT INTO program
> > (chanid,starttime,endtime,title,title_pronounce,subtitle,description,cate
> >gor y,category_type,airdate,stars,previouslyshown)
> > VALUES(1001,"20040820090000","20040820093000","Schermen","","","Verslag
> > van
> > de voorrondes en kwartfinales, degen teams
> > vrouwen","Sport","","2004","0","0");
> > Driver error was [2/1062]:
> > QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> > Database error was:
> > Duplicate entry '1001-20040820090000' for key 1
> >
> > This appears many times and nothing is written to the database.

I can confirm the first, but not the latter.  Are you sure the database stays
empty ?  In my case it gives lots and lots of these conflicts but the thing
works nevertheless.  I've always assumed this has something to do with bad
data from the tv guide source website, for instance when data already
imported gets renamed or something(?). It seems clear to me that it is always
a conflict between two shows that air at exactly the same time and channel
(which would clearly be... impossible)

> > Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
> > I grab the programlist from www.tvgids.nl <http://www.tvgids.nl>. I live
> > in the Netherlands.

As do I.  Do you let the import running when seeing those "errors" (I don't
believe they're errors exactly, but rather warnings) or do you stop it ?  If
you stop it, DON'T.  It gives these errors, and runs for a looooong time
(upwards of 30 minutes on my fast box) but in the end it works.
(At least for me it does.)

> I experiences some of the same errors when I found out that a few tables
> in MySQL were corrupt.  For some reason this has happened to me 4
> different times in the past two months whenever my Mythbox loses Internet
> connectivity during the mythfilldatabase script.  Below is the thread that
> I am referring to along with the solution:

With respect but your thread is about error  "Can't open file: 'program.MYD'.
(errno: 145)" which looks to me like being entirely unrelated to "Duplicate
entry '1001-20040820090000' for key 1".

Maarten