[mythtv-users] Problem with database

me at johnwesleythomas.com me at johnwesleythomas.com
Thu Aug 19 18:59:05 EDT 2004

> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie to Linux and Mythtv, but I want a PVR and I read a lot on the
> internet about Mythtv.
> I have installed Suse 9.1 without most programs (Office and more). I want
> small and quick Linux.
>
> I installed XMLTV and Mythtv from RPM packages and everything goes well
> and
> it's oké. I run mythsetup and after that mythfilldatabase. The program
> downloaded the programlisting and give then the following error:
>
> removing conflicting program: 10.tvgids.nl Die Börse 20040825001500
> +0200-20040825003500 +0200
> conflicted with             : 10.tvgids.nl heute nacht 20040825001500
> +0200-20040825003500 +0200
>
> DB Error (program insert):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO program
> (chanid,starttime,endtime,title,title_pronounce,subtitle,description,categor
> y,category_type,airdate,stars,previouslyshown)
> VALUES(1001,"20040820090000","20040820093000","Schermen","","","Verslag
> van
> de voorrondes en kwartfinales, degen teams
> vrouwen","Sport","","2004","0","0");
> Driver error was [2/1062]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Duplicate entry '1001-20040820090000' for key 1
>
> This appears many times and nothing is written to the database.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
> I grab the programlist from www.tvgids.nl <http://www.tvgids.nl>. I live
> in the Netherlands.
>
> Many thanks.

I experiences some of the same errors when I found out that a few tables
in MySQL were corrupt.  For some reason this has happened to me 4
different times in the past two months whenever my Mythbox loses Internet
connectivity during the mythfilldatabase script.  Below is the thread that
I am referring to along with the solution:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/76775?search_string=johnwes;#76775