[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - how do you reinstall support?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Aug 19 15:54:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 15:15, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Thursday 19 August 2004 14:24, James Pifer wrote:
> > I have a machine that is a frontend only mythbackend and mysql run on
> > another machine. I have read through section 6 of the docs and
> > searched the archives.
> >
> > When I try to run the frontend I get:
> > mythfrontend
> > QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> > QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> > QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> > QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> > Unable to connect to database!
> > No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> > couldn't open db
> >
> > I've modified /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
> > I can manually connect to mysql as the mythtv user
> >
> > qt-MySQL is installed
>
> Qt says otherwise.
>
> > I get:
>
> [snip]
>
> > How do I reinstall qt-MySQL correctly so I can run mythfrontend? Do I
> > have to have mysql server loaded locally first to get it installed
> > correctly?
>
> What kind of system do you have?  If you're on an apt-enabled system,
> you could:
>
> apt-get remove qt-MySQL
> apt-get install qt-MySQL
>
> if you're on an RPM system (without apt), you could:
>
> rpm -e qt-MySQL
> rpm -ivh <rpm file for qt-MySQL>
>
> Also, make sure your main Qt installation is OK.  Is $QTDIR set properly
> in your shell?  Do you have multiple versions of Qt installed (i.e.,
> maybe compiled one from source without enabling --plugin-sql-mysql)?
>
> -JAC

I'm running on Fedora Core 1. I use apt-get to install mythtv-suite,
then removed mysql and the mythtv modules. Then I installed from CVS.

My system shows the following RPMs installed with qt in the name.
PyQt 3.12-0.fdr.2.1
PyQt-devel 3.12-0.fdr.2.
qt 3.3.2-10.3.1.kde
qt-designer 3.3.2-10.3.1.kde
qt-devel 3.3.2-10.3.1.kde
qt-MySQL 3.3.2-10.3.1.kde

$QTDIR appears to be set properly:
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.3

I reinstalled qt-MySQL as you suggested and now I am resintalling
mythtv. (make clean;./configure;qmake mythtv.pro;make;make install).

I'll see if I get farther.

Thanks,
James