[mythtv-users] Re: nuv->avi possibilities?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 19 15:31:33 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:44:40AM -0700, Eric Thelin wrote:
> So perhaps we could use a combination and use extensions something like:
>
> *.rtjpg.nuv
> *.mpeg4.nuv
> *.mpeg2.nuv
> *.mpeg2ts.nuv
>
> or something like that.  That way it would be very easy for myth to
> identify that the file is a myth data file and at the same time it would
> be easy to identify what data type is used.

For what it's worth, file(1) can at least tell that they're MPEG,
though it doesn't seem to distinguish between 2 and 4 (or it's calling
4 'data', and I need to update my magic file).

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi