[mythtv-users] [OT] Xine query

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 17:18:15 EDT 2004

I'm using Xine for my MythDVD and MythVideo stuff, and all is fine apart
from one niggly little thing.

The only way I can change the volume is using the Amp+/- functions, rather
than Volume+/- as I would have expected. Using the volume control on a
running xine session shows me the volume bar going up and down, but it has
no effect on the actual volume coming out of the speaker. At the moment,
I've just modified my xine keymap and lircrc to use the Amp event instead
of Volume, but I'd love to know what causes this issue.

Xine was compiled with native ALSA support, and I'm using the ALSA output
plugin, but haven't configured much else audio related other than that.
I've done some googling and the like, but I'm either asking the wrong
questions or it's a very uncommon issue. Anyone have any ideas? And what
exactly is the distinction between amplification and volume?

TIA