[mythtv-users] PIP question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 18 13:11:38 EDT 2004

On 08/18/2004 11:15 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>Well, we've also just added a second one to our box, and -- once I got
>the insmod issues worked out (is there a database of what card and
>tuner parameters match which 5-digit card model numbers, somewhere ) --
>it Just Worked.
>
>Actually, it Just Worked even *before* I got tuner=2,39 figured out,
>but all I got was snow.  :-)

The best database of card/tuner parameters is ivtv-0.1.10pre2 patched
with one of Chris Kennedy's recent patches, thanks to all the work Hans
Verkuil did on autodetection.  As an aside, the hard part is convincing
people to take *all* the module options they think are necessary for
ivtv (which are often incorrect, anyway) out of their
mod{ules,probe}.conf.  :)

Note, that ivtv-0.1.10pre2-ckXXX isn't necessarily the best driver to
use with Myth.  (It works great for me, but YMMV.)

Mike