[mythtv-users] OT maybe, Radio function on PVR-250

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 18 12:49:15 EDT 2004

On 08/18/2004 12:08 PM, Daniel Savard wrote:

>Le mer 18/08/2004 à 04:31, Renaud Desarzens a écrit :
>

>>I'd like to simply use the FM radio function of my PVR-350... beside MythTV.
>>Using ivtv ck100b (or later?) seem to provide this possibility now. Does
>>anybody know of a X-program that's supporting it? Is someone developing some
>>kind of MythRadio supporting the PVR-350?
>>

>gnomeradio and others. They only need you specify the right device
>(/dev/radio0) to them.

Also, read docs/README.radio in the ivtv source code (recent ck patch
versions).  There's a very simple utility (radio) with ivtv that will
allow you to scan for/set frequencies and then you simply read a PCM
stream from /dev/video24 (using aplay or MPlayer or XMMS or something).

Note, however, that it is impossible to use the radio at the same time
as using the encoder.  In other words, if you're using the radio and
Myth tries to start a recording, the recording will fail since the tuner
is in use.  Therefore, when using a non-integrated solution, be very
careful.  You might want to instead try adding support to Myth.  Search
the archives for MythRadio, MythFM, and MythStream.

Mike