[mythtv-users] Using scan converter w/ myth

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 00:18:50 EDT 2004

Brian C. Huffman wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 23:34, Tim Tait wrote:
>

>>With my Grandtech XP2000, which does frame-buffering, I don't expect it
>>do de-interlace filtering but rather the opposite. So I de-interlace the
>>PVR250 ouput in myth, and run the VGA non-interlaced. But to be honest,
>>I never tried it the other way.
>>
>>Tim
>>

>But do you have HDTV?  b/c normal TVs *are* interlaced...so you wouldn't
>want to *de-interlace*...That's what I'm not getting.
>
>Brian

No, I don't have HDTV, and I am thinking maybe I won't get one unless
the DMCA gets toned down.

The scan converter I have always outputs interlaced to TV. Sometimes I
use the attached VGA monitor to watch myth, and that needs
de-interlacing so I guess I have not been to motivated to try it. But
this is my testbed system, once I get it reliable I plan to install a
htpc so maybe it's worth a try.

Tim