[mythtv-users] avidemux2 nuv->avi sync problems

rick schultz rick.schultz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:53:33 EDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:59:45 -0400, Sager, Jim <jim.sager at turner.com> wrote:
> Before
> leaving for work I tested this out in avidemux, re-encoding the audio using "ffmpeg
> mpeg audio" codec and re-muxing the raw video (mpeg2) with it.

Can you elaborate on this?  Do you mean to select "audio processing"
but deselect "video processing" ?  Or do you export the audio, and
then make an avi out of the original video and the new audio file?  I
have tried several scenarios, all unsuccessfully, but I'm not 100%
sure if I've tried what you're suggesting or not.

> Has anyone been using the bttv cards and having the same syncing issues?

Yes.  Me.

There is, at least, an issue with nuv's and avidemux2 that is
independent of the driver.  It may, however, depend on the contents of
the nuv file itself (i.e., rtjpeg/mpeg4/hardware mpeg2 from a
pvr[23]50).  It would probably be a good idea to include what kind of
nuv you're dealing with in all success/failure reports.

Chris, I take it you're using software compression?  RTJPEG or MPEG-4?

-rick