[mythtv-users] cannot view recordings

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Aug 17 12:38:44 EDT 2004

On 8/17/2004 4:38 AM, xavier wrote:

>Hi people,
>
>I've recently installed mythtv 0.15.1 along with mythweb 0.15.1 and mythvideo 0.15.1. I
>can watch livetv perfectly, and made a pair of recordings. The problem is that
>mythfrontend tells me there are no recordings at all, whereas mythweb shows me the
>information of the 2 recordings (png images included, correct size...) correctly.
>Moreover,in my /var/video directory holding video data (*.nuv files) appear the 2 .nuv
>files as expected.
>So, I reach the conclusion that mythbackend did record the 2 programs correctly, and this
>can be confirmed using mythweb or looking at the /var/video directory, but mythfrontend,
>at the "watch recordings" section, shows me "sorry, there are no recordings".
>
>Why mythfrontend is cannot recognize these recordings?

If you started mythtfrontend from an xterm, are there any error messages?

Are your frontend and backend running as the same user?  It could be a
permissions issue.  Make sure that the user you run the frontend as can
access the /var/video files (and of course the directories in the path).

HTH,
David