[mythtv-users] Myth TV and mplayer

myth at telus.net myth at telus.net
Tue Aug 17 10:33:01 EDT 2004

Hi I am having a problem with mythTV and Mplayer. I loaded up MythTV using
Wilsom's current guide and all seemed to go well. Everthing worked like it
should have, Until I rebooted and logged in automatically. Mplayer will not
play my videos,if I use SU then run mythfrontend then it will play the video
like it should. I have check permissions on the directory it should be in and
all seems good. I also ran a test.mpg in my user home directory and it would
play with SU but not myth user.

Please help.

Ted Polzin