[mythtv-users] noticible interlace on myth-cvs, but not in myth0.15.1 anyone else?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Aug 17 07:41:10 EDT 2004

William Lanfox wrote:
> Has any one seen this or know how to fix it?

if 'cat /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' doesn't say 1024, arrange for
it to do so (probably using the 'systune' package).

> and why is it trying to use /dev/dri? I don't
> enable that in the xorg.conf. Dosen't it suppose to use something like
> /dev/nvidia0 instead?

It tries a number of methods until one works.  Prior to nVidia's 5336
driver, the one that should succeed with the closed-source nvidia driver
is /dev/nvidia0.  With 5336 or later, OpenGL should succeed, unless you
have it disabled.  It will try to use /dev/rtc if suitable, or will fall
back (as in your case) to sleep with busy-wait.

The good news is that with a 2.6 kernel, sleep with busy-wait is not
really all that bad a timer method.

As far as more interlacing, double-check that your deinterlacer settings
are proper.  If your output is progressive, try the new 'bob' deinterlacer.

-Doug