[mythtv-users] There's definitely something wrong.....somewhere....(thousands of mysql errors in backend log)

Dave Parker daveparker01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:56:58 EDT 2004

I've noticed that in the last few days I've begun to see thousands and
thousands of messages like this in my mythbackend log:

DB Error (position map insert):
Query was:
INSERT INTO recordedmarkup (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset)
values ( '1244', '20040816224200', 238, 6, "78063654");
Driver error was [2/1062]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '1244-20040816224200-238-6' for key 1

The program in question, if I'm reading things right, is not a
duplicate of anything as far as I can tell, so it's something of a
mystery to me how it could be that there would be duplicate records
anywere as regards it.

The backend appears to be extremely occupied (to the detriment of the
rest of the system) with something at this point.  Anyone have a clue
as to what might be happening and/or how I might repair things (or
investigate further)?

Any advice would rock, thanks.