[mythtv-users] Turning CC support on?

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Mon Aug 16 19:00:52 EDT 2004

On Aug 15, 2004, at 11:18 PM, Daniel Savard wrote:
> Le dim 15/08/2004 à 21:49, Richard Wilkes a écrit :
>> On Aug 15, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Scott wrote:
>>
>>> You mentioned ivtv so I assume you have PVR 250/350 card. I read,
>>> somewhere, during my MythTV research that CC wasn't yet supported by
>>> the ivtv driver on these cards. I love the idea of getting a PVR 250
>>> or 350 but until CC decoding works I won't be able to use it.
>>
>> Yes, I actually have 4 PVR-250's in my MythTV system.  I saw a bunch
>> of
>> traffic a while back on the ivtv list mentioning that CC/VBI support
>> had been added... but I may have misinterpreted that.  Anyway, not a
>> big issue for me, but it would be nice to get subtitles for those
>> occasions when an actor/actress garbles an important line...

> Well, in my case it's a big issue since there is three hearing-impaired
> peoples in my house... For now, they are watching TV without MythTV and
> they are not able to enjoy any recordings. ;-(

And one hearing impaired HTPC addict in this house, myself :) If you
want CC I guess I would suggest the ivtv list and trying the latest CVS
version of that driver. Please post back the results you find. I'm very
interested in a hardware based encoded/decode tv capture but obviously,
like your situation, it's only good if the CC decoding works.

--
Scott