[mythtv-users] avidemux2 nuv->avi sync problems

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Aug 16 14:43:42 EDT 2004

> The problem is, in my test run, all the of the avi's are out of sync
> (audio lagging, ~1s).  It seemed more apparent towards the end of the
> shows, but it might have just been my sample set.  Playback through
> "Watch Recordings" is fine.  I tried individual shows through
> avidemux2 as well, but I couldn't find a combination of options that
> fixed this problem.

I can confirm this.  Converted a half-hour show (20 mins or so without
commercials) and it was fine, but as soon as I got an hour-long show
(still had commercials), the time difference was quite noticeable
towards the end (around 3 seconds).

This could be a result of incorrect nuv support, but after talking with
Gavin during his attempts to use avidemux2 to cut commercials from mpeg2
nuv files, I can say that there is also a good chance that this comes
from lost frames in the original nuv file.

This basically means that avidemux2 is NOT a good solution for nuv->avi
conversion, and as I really want nuv->avi conversion for the next
version of nuvexport, I will resume begging for this to be added to
mythtranscode (preferably with commercial-cut, cc-export and
title/subtitle/description meta data included).

-Chris