[mythtv-users] Mythtv on 2.6

Thomas M. Pluth tpluth at surewest.net
Mon Aug 16 13:27:16 EDT 2004

> Is anyone running mythtv on 2.6 successfully?  Does your machine have
> 512MB of
> memory or more?  What install are you using?  15.1 atrpms?  CVS?  What
> distro?
> And finally, if you compiled, did you change the optimization options in
> settings.pro?  I'm still having mythbackend crashes on my P4 2Gig w/ 512
> MB
> memory , latest ivtv, and mythtv CVS.  :-(
>
> Brian

  I'm running 2.6.7 on two machines, one a P4 2.8E with 512MB, the
other a P4 2.4 with 1GB.  On both system, I've compiled with as much
optimization as I can ("-O3 -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse,387" in
settings.pro and in the configure proc for libavcodec.

I'm not seeing any crashes.  I do see hangup when playing back HDTV
recordings, but that's a different issue.