[mythtv-users] MPEG2 cutting script complete

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Mon Aug 16 13:22:00 EDT 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 18:02, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

I'd like to inquire about something vaguely related to this:  From this thread
I understand it is impossible to get rid of commercials without transcoding
the mpeg2 stream to mpeg4, is that correct ?

If so, I have a bttv card and plenty of CPU, so I record in mpeg4 and then
transcode to get rid of the commercials, and I still have meg4 then.

So is it really true that one cannot transcode mpeg2 -> mpeg2 but one can
transcode from mpeg4 -> mpeg4 ?   (Why is that? Lack of a fast mpeg2 codec ?)

Just curious...

Maarten

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.