[mythtv-users] lossless mpeg2 commercial cutting?

Adam Greenbaum lists at refinitive.com
Mon Aug 16 11:41:53 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 20:51, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I just received a patch to nuvexport that adds a "remove commercials"
> option for the mpeg2 users out there.  It's a total hack, and rather
> sucks because avidemux2 still requires X (it can be worked around with a
> gtk->curses library, but it's still really messy).

You can probably achieve the same using the "-c" parameter of tcmplex:

-c a-b         multiplex selected time interval in seconds [all]

I use this in a script that exports vob files that honour the cutlist
(from a PVR mpeg file). I only ever get sync problems when there are
errors in the stream.

Adam.