[mythtv-users] One for alll remote and lirc - requires double button press in Mythtv ?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Aug 16 01:20:20 EDT 2004

On Aug 15, 2004, at 04:56, Greg Foster wrote:

> Thanks Jarod.  I noticed when performing 'irrecord' that it seems my
> previous button press was duplicated, and read immediately for the
> next event (ie: the next button I was trying to read).  I'm wondering
> if this has anything to do with my requirement for double keypresses,
> or if I'm just not using all the RC5-related code sets.

I think having the right gap and toggle bit settings will do away with
the double keypresses being sent. The gap setting I'm using is NOT what
irrecord reported when I went through it, that caused major issues
(can't recall what exactly though). I'm not even sure anymore where the
hell I got that gap setting from (may have been from a generic RC5
config).

I'm fairly confident that if you just use my lircd.conf and follow my
doc, things should Just Work (tm).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com