[mythtv-users] Mysql error and Setup error

John C. Forsythe forsythe at centre.edu
Mon Aug 16 00:26:58 EDT 2004

Ladies and Gents,
I am running slackware 10.0 and have used the documentation on the mythtv.org site and this howto as well http://home.comcast.net/~homebrewracing/Mythtv.txt.

I have two problems, one concerns mysql and the other setup.

Mysql to start out with.
First off I have no password set for root, I know the risks but Myth is behind a firewall and I will correct the situation after everything is setup and running.
When i entered the database# mysql -u root < mc.sql i got this error
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using no password: NO)
however when i looked at the contents of /database i have these two items mc.sql and /old
so did the command work despite the error?  if not how do i rectify the situation

then on a hunch that the mysql error was just a fluke and/or non fatal i cd'd into setup
and entered ./setup
this was the response  bash: ./setup: No such file or directory
how do i rectify the situation
thanks
John