[mythtv-users] Objective IVTV quality measurement instructions

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Aug 15 18:31:04 EDT 2004

 	Similar to:
http://www.benchtest.com/heat_pipe1.html

 	... except I didn't put vampire taps on.  I soldered it directly.  So
far I've tried with water at STP, acetone at STP, and R-152a (i.e.
diflouroethane from computer "duster" spray cans).  Tough to solder a copper
lid onto a pipe when it' full of really cold, boiling refrigerant, lemme tell
you.  It's pretty impressive in prototype form... now to hack the case with a
huge passive heat sink and some more plumbing.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*