[mythtv-users] Could not connec to master backend server?

mythtv at ripnet.co.uk mythtv at ripnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 15 13:52:59 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have a working MythTV backend, and now come to making my XBox be a frontend to it.

I have successfully got mythfrontend working on the XBox, but it keeps telling eme that Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it running? Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?

I have /etc/mythtv/mysql setup with the correct IP address and mysql login.
and the frontend works perfectly on the actual backend box.

How do I start to fault-find this? when does this error come up - is is when it fails to log into MySQL but can connect or what?

thanks

George