[mythtv-users] avidemux2 nuv->avi sync problems

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Aug 13 07:48:35 EDT 2004

> Has anyone here successfully used avidemux to create an avi from an
> nuv and NOT had sync problems?  Has anyone successfully done this with
> a software-MPEG4 nuv?
>
> -rick

 	I am usually pretty good at avoiding sync issues, but I have had a few.
In particular nasty that I've noticed is that once in awhile my .nuv recorded
with ivtv drivers has a glitch in the audio stream.  It caused sync to
break in avidemux transcoding from mpeg2->mpeg4.  When I transcode (via
avidemux) from mpeg2->mpeg2 (denoise, resize, 2-pass encode for dvd authoring),
I'll get a hiccup on the mplex at the audio glitch.  The only way I've found to
fix it is to have avidemux re-encode the m2a audio stream from the ivtv cards.
I suppose it probably throws out a frame or two, but I can't tell any sync
problems from that once I remux it all together.

 	It's possible that's what you are seeing?

-Cory