OT: Composite/Component [was Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Image quality, what effects it?]

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Aug 13 07:32:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, David George wrote:

> Warning: humor inserted into responses so everyone won't think I am flaming
> (I have noticed an increase in sensitive people on the list lately).  :-)
> Email can be so limiting when it comes to expressing one's self.
 	... way too sensitive lately.

> Whatever.  At least it was accurate as it related to the question being asked
> with respect to context with which it was asked (phew, would you believe I
> almost failed english... don't answer ;-) ).

 	It was accurate, but I was just making a minor point.

> You got me.  Let me qualify that by saying on *consumer* grade equipment (the
> kind us "mere mortals" buy) the connectors are usually RCA connectors.

 	I suppose you could always buy an RCA->BNC->RCA adapters to "feel like
a pro!"  :)

>> One step more complicated answer:
>>
> I was trying not to confuse the issue even further.  I had even originally
> typed more, but not as detailed and informative as yours.  IMNSHO, a simple
> question deserves a simple answer.  ;-)

 	I was just providing more info.  I know a lot of folks seem to be
confused regarding which connection type is better and for what reason.  Mostly
due to marketdroid drivel the goobers at Worstbuy and CircuitSh*tty spout off
so freely.

> Thanks for the additional info, though.
> --
> David